This is a Lyrical Free Write
Just a little something… That made me smile 🙂
♥ A piece of poetry, from Jen to you.. when ever you can write with me, I hope that you do..!! No matter what I am doing, No matter where I am, writing with you is something I love, so no worries my sweet turtle-dove.. Happiness, smiles and your friendly words, is what you always bring, so full of joy, my dear sweet friend, you make me sing! If it weren’t for you and the way you reach out, the world would feel smaller, more confined no doubt.. Counting all the ways, that I adore you… Where would I be, I’d be lost without you too! Love you Miss Tryst.. I ♥ you Miss Hasty
TRYST AWARD SHOW, PART 1 ~ TRYST NEWS
Things have been busy lately. As the Author, Artistic Developer and Creator of Tryst, and all things Tryst, I too have had my hands full with this thing we call life. But no matter what is going on in my world, I always have time to escape to my other world, Tryst Land, and lyrically express myself, in which ever way suits me at the moment. I often get lost in Tryst Land for hours. I really like it here. I have created a place that I can come to when ever I want, and it doesn’t stress me out, people don’t piss me off here and I get to say whatever I want about anything!! So, yeah, I love Tryst Land and everything that comes along with it! No matter what goes on in my life, I will always make time for Tryst.
With that said, This week I have graciously been given 4 awards. Yes, 4 of them!! I humbly and honorably accept these awards with warmth and appreciation in my heart. I remember, at the beginning of Tryst, I never thought that I’d be one of those blog, worthy enough of such awards. I still have my doubts because there are such fantastic writers out there!! I have been blown away by the raw talent and pure inspiration there is out there in the Blogosphere!! I mean, what more can you ask for? This place is where all of the deeply poetic, comically hilarious, most wise and intelligent, fictionally creative, talented, so talented people come to show off their stuff!! There are some really great people to connect with here and communicate with about the things we share and have in common!! I very much appreciate this place, Tryst Land, and all of you!!
NOW, FOR THE TRYST AWARD SHOW ~~~
Since there are 4 things to accept here, rules to follow, and people to give back to… I am going to be more brief on some of the things. Also, If there are rules asking for, say 15 different bloggers to share with, and I honestly don’t have that many people who I think write to deserve an award, I’m not going to just hand them out to random people because that would defeat the purpose of the award and it would minimize the actual deserving purpose of it as well. And so, if I make up a few things on my way here, or bend the rules a little, it’s just my creative mind at work here!!
My mission here is: To show gratitude and appreciation to the friends who gave me the award. To introduce those that I think are deserving of the award. To acknowledge that Tryst has received these awards, and is very proud and honored to accept them!
Drum roll please))
THE VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER AWARD ~
This award quite appreciated!! If there is one thing that I hope to accomplish and achieve at Tryst, and that is to inspire!! I find that when I have moments of inspiration, I feel pretty good!! My creative juices are flowing and I have all this motivation to write, or create, whatever it is that I have been inspired to do!! Yes, inspiration feels good!! I am very honored to have been given this Award, and I must give BIG HUGS and HUGE THANK YOU to Robert Mudge!! Rob and I have crossed paths in life and we very quickly became people who communicate in the blog world, as well as other social media outlets. Rob is a great guy who has a lot of inspiration to give to others!! If you are unaware of his wonderfulness, cruise by his blog, Yelling Quietly, by following the link provided!! Thank you Rob for this wonderful award!
If you so choose to participate, here are the 5 rules to follow:
1) Link back to the person who nominated you.
2) Post the award image on your page.
3) Tell seven (7) random facts about yourself.
4) Answer a few random questions:
1. My drink of choice is: tea
2. I don’t want to: die with regrets.
3. I’ve never: water skied! But grew up on a lake and have done practically everything else on the water!!
4. I think: too much!! I think ALL the time!! My mind never stops!
5. I don’t: Like to be around arrogant people who think they know everything.
6. What I have a hard time with is: Finding the right balance between work and relaxing. It seems I go through spells where it’s 100% one or the other!
7. I want to know: Where a person goes when they die. (I want to know where my brother is and if he can hear me)
5) Nominate five (5) other blogs… or as many or as few as you have been truly inspired by!!
I have linked & posted the Award Badge so, here are 7 random facts about me:
1) I am 6′ tall. That’s a lot of inches!!
2) I love to sing. Anywhere! Karaoke, in the car, in the shower.. anywhere!!
3) I prefer driving a manual transmission as opposed to an automatic. I like to actually ‘drive’ the car!
4) I love to horseback ride. I used to compete when I was a kid.
6) I danced for 16 years. Ballet & tap mostly. Performed all over the country.
7) I have been in 3 movies as an extra. One of the films I was a ‘featured extra’.
I nominate these bloggers for inspiring me, oh so well!!
1) Alice at Wonderland An amazing read!! You must stop by & see for your self!
2) Literary Land of Alysia Her words are always heartfelt & real.
3) El Guapo He is funny, fun and fantastic! He inspires me to smile, laugh and lighten up!
I just want to say thank you again to Robert Mudge! I have truly enjoyed connecting with you!!
THE LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD ~
Also from Robert Mudge, I was given the Liebster Blog Award!
It is an award given to up and coming bloggers, which reputedly started in Germany. “Liebster” is German for “favorite”, so in a way this award is the “favorite blog award” as another blogger put it. You receive this award from a fellow blogger that feels your blog is both worthy & important to them. If you receive this award, here are the steps to follow:
- Nominate anywhere from 3-11 blogs/bloggers (You can choose. 3-5 is most popular)
- The bloggers awarded must have less than 300 followers.
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you by your nominator
- Pose 11 questions for your nominees
Participation is completely voluntary and is not limited to any genre or writing for that matter. Basically, the blog can be about anything and simply has to be one that you feel is worthy and that you would like to give recognition to by passing it on.
With that said, I graciously accept this award. Thank you so much Rob!! You are making me, and Tryst, feel very loved and recognized this week!! Thank you for following my work, my words, the pieces of my soul that make up the pieces of Tryst. With out my awesome Tryst family, Tryst just wouldn’t be the same!! As for my participation, due to the requirement of bloggers needing to have less than 300 followers, I need to do some reading in the blogoshpere. Like I said earlier, I don’t want to just pick names and hand out the award. I’d rather do some reading and discover some new, fantastic bloggers & writers, and then honor them with this award! I have already given the Liebster to 15 bloggers, who were fantastic, but for right now, there is no one I am ready to pass this on to. So, it goes in my ‘To-Do’ file as I read and discover more people in the ‘sphere!
*This is a ‘To be Continued’ Liebster Award!!*
But, I will answer Roberts questions: just for fun…
LIEBSTER BLOG QUESTIONS:
1. When you are driving do you prefer windows or A/C? It depends on where I’m going!
2. What brought you to WordPress? I saw a friend of mine on FB who started a blog, wrote 1 post, and never went back. But she brought me to WP and I am eternally grateful!!
3. Do you bless people after they sneeze? Yes. I say, ‘bless you’ ! Not ‘God bless you’ incase they have other beliefs.
4. Are you a morning person? Yes & no. Depends on the day!
5. What is a favorite movie of yours? The Last Samurai. I love the message of the movie. So fantastic!
6. Where would you live if you could pick any place? South Florida.
7. Do you believe in God and/or practice a certain religion? I have faith, yes.
8. What kind of grades did you make in school? I was a straight A student until I got to college. Then I made A’s & B’s.
9. What is one of your favorite songs? Soulshine by Gov’t Mule. Best song ever! (Originally an Alman Brother’s song. Gov’t Mule re-made it & it’s so good. I get goose bumps when I hear it!)
10. When I’m riding or driving in a car I lean more towards music than conversation. Are you more for music or conversation? Music. Loud music!
11. Do you believe in true love? Undeniably.
A Tryst Trifecta Post
To see the town, is now an exercise of my mind. What was once a thriving metropolis, full of energy, now haunted by the ghosts of spirits that once walked its thriving streets.
This was done for Trifextra – Week Fifty Nine
This weekend we’re asking for exactly 33 words inspired by the following photo.
Please remember that if you use the photo on your own blog, you must
give proper credit (with clickable links).
Interesting fun, to get my brain going this morning!! I’m up for a challenge ~
Daily Prompt says to:
There are 26 letters in the English language, and we need every single one of them. Want proof? Choose a letter and write a blog post without using it. (Feeling really brave? Make it a vowel!)
I have a feeling that this is going to be pretty easy, with a few letters, super easy. But the one I’m choosing to use is in fact a vowel cause I want to see if I can write anything that’s somewhat amusing/intelligent without the use of one of the vowels, so here goes:
Here I am. Yes it’s another day. I am acting as if it is spring time, ignoring the snow still on the sidewalks everywhere, and I decided to wear my hot pink heels to work today. Along with faded jeans and a pink G.Dead shirt. I like the G. Dead. I remember the first C.D. I ever had of them, my favorite brother of my Dad’s gave it to me, Gary. I love my Dad’s brother Gary. He always gave me the best C.D.’s when I was growing… to be a… grown person. So the snow can kiss my ass!! I’m going to rock these hot pink shoes all freakin’ day!!
((That was easier than I thought. Can anyone guess which vowel I didn’t use? Honestly, I could have kept going, but I have a stack of work invoices staring at me right now and I’m making Tryst & WordPress a priority over them… Shhhh!!))